Re: [XP] Certification on eXtreme Programming

  • jo_andp
    Message 1 of 94 , May 4, 2009
      I'm from Costa Rica, Central America. I have some experience with doing eXtreme Programming, however I think that in my case a workshop or coach would be more so important. I see impossible go to Sardinia, Italy.
      Books? Yeah of course I have, Planning Extreme programming by Kent and Martin, also The Art of Agile Development by Shore and Warden, this last just have read the 4 first chapters and I like a lot! I seriously think that this books provides a very well picture of XP, values and practices. I don't mind buy another book for my library!
      My first question was to certifications with recognition in the industry of software development, but I also understand that XP is more practice that a paper, and predictions... I have no mess with that..
      And yes I hope learn with you guys from our experiences ..
      Kind regards,
    • Adrian Howard
      Message 94 of 94 , May 8, 2009
        On 6 May 2009, at 04:08, Ron Jeffries wrote:

        > Hello, Adrian. On Tuesday, May 5, 2009, at 11:37:58 AM, you wrote:
        >
        >> That said, my perception is that the odds of getting a bad candidate
        >> at interview increase if they have certifications listed on their
        >> resume.
        >
        >> My post hoc rationalisation for this experiences is not so much
        >> related to the certification programme itself (although many of them
        >> have severe problems), but to the sort of folk they can attract.
        >
        >> The less creative, by-the-book, list-following developer seems to see
        >> certification programmes as a way to prove their competence. The more
        >> creative, problem-oriented, passionate developers seem to spend their
        >> free chunk of career development time building something cool, or
        >> learning erlang, or contributing to open source projects or...
        >
        > Interesting model. I can see how it might be.

        Not sure that it is mind - I'm often wrong :)

        Adrian