Re: [XP] Certification on eXtreme Programming

    Message 1 of 94 , May 3, 2009
      Hello, jo_andp. On Saturday, May 2, 2009, at 9:15:06 PM, you
      wrote:

      > Hello, I would like to know if there is out there any kind of
      > certification on Agile specific eXtreme Programming or just Agile?

      The only certification in general use at this time is the Certified
      ScrumMaster program of the Scrum Alliance. This is at present a very
      weak certification, which basically says that the holder has taken a
      short course. It's a good course, though, especially when Chet and I
      teach it. But it's still just a few days of exposure.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.
      --Albert Einstein
    • Adrian Howard
      Message 94 of 94 , May 8, 2009
        On 6 May 2009, at 04:08, Ron Jeffries wrote:

        > Hello, Adrian. On Tuesday, May 5, 2009, at 11:37:58 AM, you wrote:
        >
        >> That said, my perception is that the odds of getting a bad candidate
        >> at interview increase if they have certifications listed on their
        >> resume.
        >
        >> My post hoc rationalisation for this experiences is not so much
        >> related to the certification programme itself (although many of them
        >> have severe problems), but to the sort of folk they can attract.
        >
        >> The less creative, by-the-book, list-following developer seems to see
        >> certification programmes as a way to prove their competence. The more
        >> creative, problem-oriented, passionate developers seem to spend their
        >> free chunk of career development time building something cool, or
        >> learning erlang, or contributing to open source projects or...
        >
        > Interesting model. I can see how it might be.

        Not sure that it is mind - I'm often wrong :)

        Adrian