Re: [XP] Master Craftsman Teams

  • John Maxwell
    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 2, 2009
      On 04/02/09 14:45:53, Kim Gräsman wrote:
      > Uncle Bob just published an article yesterday [1] outlining a dream
      > of strictly hierarchical team structures with a single Master
      > Craftsman at the top, driving development forward, supported by
      > journeymen and apprentices at his/her command.
      >
      > It's hard to tell whether the publish date is indicative of the
      > content (and I'm a fool), but I think the idea has some merit.

      I'm fairly sure it's a April Fools joke.

      > What would be your hopes and worries?

      That it isn't a joke.

      -John

      --
      John Maxwell (jmax@...)
      Politics is like driving. It's D to go forward, and R to go backward.
      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 7, 2009
        Julian Hall wrote:
        > > Why should we expect the choice of "profession" at that age
        > > to be reasonably more stable than their choice of "major"?
        >
        > I realised that the only profession I wanted to work in was software
        > development when I was 14, and I haven't looked back since. Not a day
        > has passed that I have regretted that choice. I imagine that for a lot
        > of us it has been a very similar experience.

        Yes - I'm sure that is the case for many on this list. I wonder what the
        percentage of people that is true for out of all those in the past 20
        years that majored in CS at an undergraduate institution and were <=20
        years old at that time.

        --
        Brad Appleton <brad {AT} bradapp.net>