Re: [XP] A different scheme for estimating

  • John Maxwell
    Message 1 of 58 , Apr 2, 2009
      On 04/02/09 14:02:00, James Carr wrote:
      [snip]
      > ...but I for some reason dislike the notion of estimating points
      > that equate to ideal development days (or half days, or sessions).
      > One story's sizing of 1 may be done in an hour, another 1 point story
      > might take a day.
      >
      > What if instead of sizing like that, what if we just sized only
      > 0,1,2,3? 0 for something so simple it's more of a chore than a story,
      > 1 for something easy, 2 for something of medium difficulty, and 3 for
      > something that might be a bit hard to do.

      My understanding is that current "concensus of the list" (a tenuous and
      hazardous concept at best, I know) is to do as you propose, for pretty
      much the exact reasons you mentioned.

      Or, in short: "Um. Yeah."

      -John

      --
      John Maxwell (jmax@...)
      Microsoft is a cross between The Borg and the Ferengi.

      Simon Slavin
    • Justin Daubenmire
      Message 58 of 58 , Apr 6, 2009
        Hi Andy,