Re: [XP] Dealing with new manager concerns

  • Dossy
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 1, 2000
      On 2000.11.01, Berkowitz, Steven <steven.berkowitz@...> wrote:
      > Get rid of them. It doesn't matter how good they are. No one is
      > irreplaceable. Some are more difficult to replace than others, but it
      > is never impossible.

      And, get rid of them early on before they become too entrenched and
      carry too much business knowledge with them that they've refused to
      share.

      As Kent has said on this list previously, "death is worse."

      - Dossy

      --
      Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...
    • John Brewer
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 1, 2000
        Don't let the fact that people can't (or won't) pair keep you from
        enjoying the benefits of the other 11 practices of XP.

        Understand what you're giving up, though. You'll probably need to
        have technical reviews to keep code quality up. And people will be
        much more likely to waste time on "rabbit trails" while coding. And
        you'll have to monitor more for people going off process (not testing
        and integrating enough, for example).

        XP minus pairing is less good than full XP. But XP minus pairing is
        probably substantially better than what you're doing today.

        John Brewer
        Jera Design

        --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, Extreme Programming Lab