Re: [XP][:-] IEEE XP "Dynabook"

  • Dave Thomas
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
      Dossy <dossy@...> writes:

      > > Do you mean the XP from XProgramming, or from extremeprogramming.org?
      >
      > I mean the big "X" that's on the cover of the AW XP Series books.

      How to make that big 'X' t-shirt.

      1. Get an egg.

      2. Keep it for about 8 months until the inside becomes gray.

      3. Lay your t-shirt on the sidewalk/pavement/drivement.

      4. Drop egg from 2nd story window onto t-shirt.

      5. Iron immediately to make the stain permanent.

      Do not wear the resulting shirt while pairing, or in enclosed spaces.
    • Dossy
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
        On 2000.11.01, Dave Thomas <Dave@...> wrote:

        > How to make that big 'X' t-shirt.

        [ ... clip ... ]

        > Do not wear the resulting shirt while pairing, or in enclosed spaces.

        Or, if you're really disciplined, lie on your back in the middle of a
        park under large bronze statues. Eventually, a lucky pigeon will
        effect the correct X on your chest.

        - Dossy

        --
        Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...
      • bubba99@mindspring.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
          --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, Hugo Garcia <hugo.garcia@m...>
          wrote:

          > I want an Official XP Cap and Official XP Leather Jacket. I've
          > been searching Amazon but can't find it. Can anybody help?
          >
          > -H

          I just want a nice shirt that says "eXtereme Programming" on the back
          and a nice dark one that says in spikey letters "Refactor
          Mercilessly"...

          Isn't there a decent service online somewhere where you can get
          customized, decent apparel?

          Bubba
        • Scott Jackson
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
            I saw a fellow at the BankOfAmerica Plaza in San Francisco
            with an XP shirt 'Embrace Change' and 37 cents in
            his basket... The 'BlackHeart of the Bank' sculpture
            was beating rhythmically in sympathy

            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
              Yes, but the 7" spikey heels and the Cat a Twelve steps
              really whips up your productivity...

              > I want an Official XP Cap and Official XP Leather Jacket. I've
              > been searching Amazon but can't find it. Can anybody help?
              >
              > -H

              I just want a nice shirt that says "eXtereme Programming" on the back
              and a nice dark one that says in spikey letters "Refactor
              Mercilessly"...

              Isn't there a decent service online somewhere where you can get
              customized, decent apparel?

              Bubba

              Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
            • Erik Meade
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000

                Only one? Damn, and we gave out like 500 of them too...

                --
                Erik Meade emeade@...
                Senior Consultant Object Mentor, Inc.
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                  my vote is for the X from the cover of the books.

                  Black shirt with white letters and the nova X in grey/silver.

                  I like Dossy's ideas of : "test, code, refactor" written
                  on the back.

                  Although a plain back is still cool.

                  (Can we donate the proceeds to some good cause like a paid
                  internship for some college student in a place where they do XP?)

                  -H

                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                    Hugo Garcia <hugo.garcia@...> writes:

                    > my vote is for the X from the cover of the books.
                    >
                    > Black shirt with white letters and the nova X in grey/silver.
                    >
                    > I like Dossy's ideas of : "test, code, refactor" written
                    > on the back.

                    or "I'm in a 12 practice program"
                  • Dossy
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                      On 2000.11.01, Dave Thomas <Dave@...> wrote:
                      > Hugo Garcia <hugo.garcia@...> writes:
                      >
                      > > my vote is for the X from the cover of the books.
                      > >
                      > > Black shirt with white letters and the nova X in grey/silver.
                      > >
                      > > I like Dossy's ideas of : "test, code, refactor" written
                      > > on the back.
                      >
                      > or "I'm in a 12 practice program"

                      Or, in the spirit of all the "so-and-so do it such-and-such" ...

                      "XPers do it in Pairs"

                      - Dossy

                      --
                      Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...
                    • Lea
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                        On Thursday, November 02, 2000, 1:06:01 AM, bubba99 wrote:

                        > I just want a nice shirt that says "eXtereme Programming" on the back
                        > and a nice dark one that says in spikey letters "Refactor
                        > Mercilessly"...

                        > Isn't there a decent service online somewhere where you can get
                        > customized, decent apparel?

                        Silly... a) Design it yourself, buy b) a plain t-shirt, and c) a
                        t-shirt-iron-thingee. Insert c) into printer, print a) onto it and iron
                        c) onto b).
                        et voila!

                        Lea mailto:leal@...
                        --
                      • Alan Francis
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 2, 2000
                          --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, Dossy <dossy@p...> wrote:
                          > Or, in the spirit of all the "so-and-so do it such-and-such" ...
                          >
                          > "XPers do it in Pairs"

                          "XPers test it first" ?
                          "Do you have a test for that ?"
                          "I came, I saw, I tested"
                        • David Browning
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 2, 2000
                            > --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, Dossy <dossy@p...> wrote:
                            > > Or, in the spirit of all the "so-and-so do it such-and-such" ...
                            > >
                            > > "XPers do it in Pairs"
                            >
                            > "XPers test it first" ?
                            > "Do you have a test for that ?"
                            > "I came, I saw, I tested"

                            Don't want to lower the tone completely, but shouldn't that be:

                            "I tested, I saw, I came" ???
                          • Alan Francis
                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 2, 2000
                              --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, "David Browning"
                              <david.browning@g...> wrote:

                              > > "I came, I saw, I tested"
                              > >
                              > Don't want to lower the tone completely, but shouldn't that be:
                              >
                              > "I tested, I saw, I came" ???

                              You must write some pretty exciting tests (sorry :)

                              A.