RE: [XP] Customer requests irregular iteration lengths

  • Morris, Chris
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
      > This was something that came up in a planning session yesterday. More
      > info at
      > http://www.xpdeveloper.com/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?IrregularIterations
      >
      > I'd like to get your opinions about this (and on that page, please).

      From the page:
      [She wanted this bunch of things, however long it would take, and then these
      other things, however long they would take. This would have resulted in two
      differing, long iterations.]

      I'd say try to sell her on what you technical people need to do to increase
      feedback (regular iterations) without trying to convince her that her
      schedule must be your schedule. Treat her schedule as project milestones,
      under which regular iterations occur. My $0.02.

      Chris
    • Phlip
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
        From: "Keith Braithwaite"

        > This was something that came up in a planning session yesterday. More
        > info at
        > http://www.xpdeveloper.com/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?IrregularIterations
        >
        > I'd like to get your opinions about this (and on that page, please).

        Sounds like a job for

        http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?XpFixedPlanningGame

        Phlip
      • Curtis Cooley
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
          --- "Morris, Chris" <ChrisM@...> wrote:
          > > This was something that came up in a planning session yesterday. More
          > > info at
          > > http://www.xpdeveloper.com/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?IrregularIterations
          > >
          > > I'd like to get your opinions about this (and on that page, please).
          >
          > From the page:
          > [She wanted this bunch of things, however long it would take, and then these
          > other things, however long they would take. This would have resulted in two
          > differing, long iterations.]
          >
          > I'd say try to sell her on what you technical people need to do to increase
          > feedback (regular iterations) without trying to convince her that her
          > schedule must be your schedule. Treat her schedule as project milestones,
          > under which regular iterations occur. My $0.02.

          That's what I was thinking. During the 'long' iteration, just do internal
          iterations on your regular schedule.

          =====
          From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
          http://experts.yahoo.com/