BeyondAgile: Seattle-area kick-off event 26 February!

  • mjtardiff
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20 3:49 PM
      It's BeyondAgile: *people* making software that *works*

      The kick-off event of the brand-new BeyondAgile is happening in a few
      days:

      "Agile Smackdown!"
      Thursday, 26 February 2009
      6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
      Locations on the Eastside *and* Seattle!
      Read on for agenda and location information, or visit our Google Group
      at
      http://groups.google.com/group/beyondagile
      <http://groups.google.com/group/beyondagile>

      Why come?
      Here's your chance to be in on the beginning of an exciting new
      collaboration of the Seattle area (and beyond!) agile-interested. And if
      that's not enough, we'll hold a drawing to win a *free* seat in a
      two-day Scrum certification class!

      What's BeyondAgile?
      It's the combination and follow-on to a number of the agile-oriented
      user and interest groups that have operated in the Puget Sound area.
      Representatives of the Seattle XP User Group and Seattle Scrum came
      together in December to try and combine the efforts of all of us who
      care about and use agile methods.

      Why a new group?

      * Find best practices among all agile processes
      * Build a bigger agile community
      * Take advantage of overlaps between existing groups
      * Expand beyond meetings and provide a place to collaborate
      * Align software development and business
      * Explore cutting-edge ideas and techniques

      What will BeyondAgile be like?
      That, in large part, is up to you. A primary reason for consolidating
      our efforts is to broaden our base of support, capability, and
      leadership. We envision a more active, multi-faceting organization that
      does more than just host talking heads. We'll gather at least once a
      month on the 4th Thursday of the month, and probably more at other
      events.

      Where will BeyondAgile events happen?
      Our goal is to have many answers to this, and in that spirit, we've
      resolved to remove the impediment offered by bridges and commuting. For
      our monthly meetings, we'll alternate Eastside and Seattle locations,
      but with a twist: we'll videocast the physical meeting to the location
      it's not at that month, so you could attend every meeting instead of
      just the ones on "your side" of the lake. And we're working to enable
      people anywhere to attend through streaming video, even after the
      meeting's already happened.

      Kick-Off Event Agenda

      * Build a Backlog (where to go in next six months, 30 min.)
      * "Agile Smackdown!" (60 min.)
      * Bleeding-Edge Demo (15 min., not boring)
      * Traning-Class Giveaway Drawing (5 min.)
      * Meeting Retrospective (10 min.)
      * Socializing and Breakout/Breakup

      Event Locations
      Eastside:
      SolutionsIQ
      First Floor Training Center,
      10785 Willows Road NE Suite 250
      Redmond WA
      directions and picture of building at
      http://www.solutionsiq.com/about-us/contact-us.php
      <http://www.solutionsiq.com/about-us/contact-us.php>

      Seattle:
      Amdocs Digital Commerce Division (formerly QPass)
      Greece Room
      2211 Elliott Ave Suite 400
      Seattle WA

      Questions? Contact Michael and Monica at beyondagile@...
      JKi_ZOu-esumVy-NxGvMTBKdpSl-8oICcalTslhJjoXRBGjkv47bTNyQzOaHXYyWGXD-mF2_\
      tEWaMaF7>