Deep Agile 2009: Agile for Embedded Systems -- Apr 25-26 Boston area

  • Nancy Van Schooenderwoert
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2009
      Hi folks -

      I'm helping to produce this event and I can attest to the high
      quality of it. And at this price it's an incredible bargain! - Nancy V.

      Announcing: Deep Agile 2009: Agile for Embedded Systems
      Sponsored by Agile Bazaar, New England's agile community hub

      Join us for a two-day deep dive into Agile practices for
      embedded systems. We'll get beyond superficial prescriptions
      and cookbook advice to understand how a methodology that demands
      extreme flexibility can work in an environment known for its
      rigidity. Jack Ganssle has the deep experience to pose the kinds
      of challenging questions all embedded folk want to ask, and
      James Grenning and Russel Hill have been practicing embedded agile
      programming long enough to give us answers grounded in experience,
      that is, *embedded* experience!

      Host: Nancy Van Schooenderwoert, founder of Lean-Agile Partners,

      When: Saturday, April 25th - Sunday, April 26th, 2009
      Where: Cambridge, MA
      Register at http://deepagile2009.eventbrite.com/
      Super Early bird, $295, Sale ends March 7th, 2009.
      Early Bird registration is $395 on March 8th, 2009

      PLAN AHEAD and SAVE $100, register before March 7th!!

      Session titles for Saturday April 25th, 2009
      1. Overcoming Embedded Challenges with Agile
      2. Agile Test Techniques for Embedded
      3. Continuous Integration as Foundation for Speed
      4. Jack's Practical Tips for Building Real Time Embedded Systems
      5. TDD in a Fishbowl
      6. Test Driving Next to the Hardware

      Session titles for Sunday April 26th, 2009
      1. Designs by Contract
      2. Teamwork: the Prerequisite to Team Autonomy
      3. Incremental Delivery: Impossibility or Opportunity?
      4. Case Study: Keys to Agile Success at Key
      5. The big Hairy Monster: Legacy Code
      6. Things That Count Can't be Counted - or Can They?
      7. Agile Do or Don't

      For details on the sessions, visit http://www.agilebazaar.org

      Jack Ganssle - One of the best-known authorities in the embedded world;
      veteran of over 100 embedded projects, author of six books, and hundreds
      of articles, Jack consults to NASA and to industry leading companies
      worldwide. Jack's site: http://www.ganssle.com/

      James Grenning - An original author of the Manifesto for Agile Software
      Development, James is a seasoned extreme programming coach and
      trainer, coaching his first XP team in 1999. James was trained by the
      guys that started it all: Kent Beck, Ron Jeffries, Martin Fowler,
      and Ken Schwaber. James' site: http://www.renaissancesoftware.net/

      Russel Hill - Senior Software Engineer at Key Technology Inc.,
      Russel has been applying XP and Scrum practices for 10 years
      in tough real-world embedded projects.

      Gold Level Sponsors:
      Symphony Services, http://www.symphonysv.com/
      Rally Software, http://www.rallydev.com/

      Silver Level Sponsors:
      Constant Contact, http://www.constantcontact.com
      VersionOne, http://www.versionone.com/
      SmartBear Software, http://smartbear.com/

      Nancy Van Schooenderwoert, Lean-Agile Partners Inc.

      781 301 1822 US mobile

      Specialties: Agile coaching for Embedded Systems, for Data Migrations,
      and for leadership of Lean-Agile change organization wide