Re: [XP][:-] IEEE XP "Dynabook"

    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
      At 11:49 PM 10/31/2000 -0500, Dossy wrote:
      >Actually, XL (extra-large, you silly) black tee-shirts with the
      >big "X" XP logo in white on it with "test, code, refactor" written
      >on the back would make a great addition to my collection.

      Do you mean the XP from XProgramming, or from extremeprogramming.org?

      Just for the record, my XwiththetailP is copyrighted. I do license it
      freely on request to XP web sites, and might make a deal for shirts, but
      I'd consider a unilateral use of it to be a bit tacky.

      Sounds like a cool shirt, though. Maybe I should start doing XP garments as
      well as cards? ;->

      www.objectmentor.com
    • John A. Maxwell
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
        "Phlip" <phlip@...> wrote:
        > From: <wecaputo@...>
        >
        > > Cool! were a cult now. Who's passing out the robes? Is there any kool-aid?
        >
        > Real cults work you absurdly long hours. Consider the original Benedictine
        > Monks - 16 hours in the fields, then they wake you up to pray at regular
        > hours of the night. This leaves you too tired to think straight when they
        > lecture how to not believe in yourself.
        >
        > Didn't someone say XP requires FortyHourWeeks...?

        Exactly. You must restrict your _outside_ money-making job to 40
        hours/week so that you have adequate time left to devote to the Secret
        Activities of the Cult Masters.

        -John

        --
        John A. Maxwell (jmax@...)

        The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice in Wonderland";
        but that's because it's the best book on anything for the layman.
      • Dossy
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
          On 2000.11.01, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
          > At 11:49 PM 10/31/2000 -0500, Dossy wrote:
          > >Actually, XL (extra-large, you silly) black tee-shirts with the
          > >big "X" XP logo in white on it with "test, code, refactor" written
          > >on the back would make a great addition to my collection.
          >
          > Do you mean the XP from XProgramming, or from extremeprogramming.org?

          I mean the big "X" that's on the cover of the AW XP Series books.

          Did that make sense?

          > Just for the record, my XwiththetailP is copyrighted. I do license it
          > freely on request to XP web sites, and might make a deal for shirts, but
          > I'd consider a unilateral use of it to be a bit tacky.
          >
          > Sounds like a cool shirt, though. Maybe I should start doing XP garments as
          > well as cards? ;->

          XPwear would be a big hit for me, as I work in a big corporate structure
          where it's "business casual" but I tend to wear what I call "business
          comfortable" -- more geek chic shirts would be a great help to my
          wardrobe.

          The next question: Is the "X" on the XP Series books encumbered? Who
          owns its license, and can we get license for use? (Royalties off of
          tee-shirt sales?)

          - dossy

          --
          Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...
        • Benjamin Schroeder
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
            on 11/1/00 8:42 AM, Dossy at dossy@... wrote:

            > XPwear would be a big hit for me, as I work in a big corporate structure
            > where it's "business casual" but I tend to wear what I call "business
            > comfortable" -- more geek chic shirts would be a great help to my
            > wardrobe.
            >
            > The next question: Is the "X" on the XP Series books encumbered? Who
            > owns its license, and can we get license for use? (Royalties off of
            > tee-shirt sales?)

            I think that I saw somebody at OOPSLA with a white XP: Embrace Change
            t-shirt (with logo from the books), but I'm not sure if it was "official" or
            homemade.

            ---
            Ben Schroeder
            schroeder@...
          • Phlip
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
              From: "John A. Maxwell"

              > "Phlip" <phlip@...> wrote:
              > > From: <wecaputo@...>
              > >
              > > > Cool! were a cult now. Who's passing out the robes? Is there any
              kool-aid?

              > > Real cults work you absurdly long hours. Consider the original
              Benedictine
              > > Monks - 16 hours in the fields, then they wake you up to pray at
              regular
              > > hours of the night. This leaves you too tired to think straight when
              they
              > > lecture how to not believe in yourself.
              > >
              > > Didn't someone say XP requires FortyHourWeeks...?
              > >
              > Exactly. You must restrict your _outside_ money-making job to 40
              > hours/week so that you have adequate time left to devote to the Secret
              > Activities of the Cult Masters.

              Man, reading this list server is tiring. I can't think straight anymore.

              Phlip
            • Dave Thomas
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                Dossy <dossy@...> writes:

                > > Do you mean the XP from XProgramming, or from extremeprogramming.org?
                >
                > I mean the big "X" that's on the cover of the AW XP Series books.

                How to make that big 'X' t-shirt.

                1. Get an egg.

                2. Keep it for about 8 months until the inside becomes gray.

                3. Lay your t-shirt on the sidewalk/pavement/drivement.

                4. Drop egg from 2nd story window onto t-shirt.

                5. Iron immediately to make the stain permanent.

                Do not wear the resulting shirt while pairing, or in enclosed spaces.
              • Dossy
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                  On 2000.11.01, Dave Thomas <Dave@...> wrote:

                  > How to make that big 'X' t-shirt.

                  [ ... clip ... ]

                  > Do not wear the resulting shirt while pairing, or in enclosed spaces.

                  Or, if you're really disciplined, lie on your back in the middle of a
                  park under large bronze statues. Eventually, a lucky pigeon will
                  effect the correct X on your chest.

                  - Dossy

                  --
                  Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...
                • bubba99@mindspring.com
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                    --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, Hugo Garcia <hugo.garcia@m...>
                    wrote:

                    > I want an Official XP Cap and Official XP Leather Jacket. I've
                    > been searching Amazon but can't find it. Can anybody help?
                    >
                    > -H

                    I just want a nice shirt that says "eXtereme Programming" on the back
                    and a nice dark one that says in spikey letters "Refactor
                    Mercilessly"...

                    Isn't there a decent service online somewhere where you can get
                    customized, decent apparel?

                    Bubba
                  • Scott Jackson
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                      I saw a fellow at the BankOfAmerica Plaza in San Francisco
                      with an XP shirt 'Embrace Change' and 37 cents in
                      his basket... The 'BlackHeart of the Bank' sculpture
                      was beating rhythmically in sympathy

                      > XPwear would be a big hit for me, as I work in a big corporate structure
                      > where it's "business casual" but I tend to wear what I call "business
                      > comfortable" -- more geek chic shirts would be a great help to my
                      > wardrobe.
                      >
                      > The next question: Is the "X" on the XP Series books encumbered? Who
                      > owns its license, and can we get license for use? (Royalties off of
                      > tee-shirt sales?)

                      I think that I saw somebody at OOPSLA with a white XP: Embrace Change
                      t-shirt (with logo from the books), but I'm not sure if it was "official" or
                      homemade.

                      ---
                      Ben Schroeder
                      schroeder@...

                      Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
                    • Scott Jackson
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                        Yes, but the 7" spikey heels and the Cat a Twelve steps
                        really whips up your productivity...

                        > I want an Official XP Cap and Official XP Leather Jacket. I've
                        > been searching Amazon but can't find it. Can anybody help?
                        >
                        > -H

                        I just want a nice shirt that says "eXtereme Programming" on the back
                        and a nice dark one that says in spikey letters "Refactor
                        Mercilessly"...

                        Isn't there a decent service online somewhere where you can get
                        customized, decent apparel?

                        Bubba

                        Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
                      • Erik Meade
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000

                          Only one? Damn, and we gave out like 500 of them too...

                          --
                          Erik Meade emeade@...
                          Senior Consultant Object Mentor, Inc.
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                            my vote is for the X from the cover of the books.

                            Black shirt with white letters and the nova X in grey/silver.

                            I like Dossy's ideas of : "test, code, refactor" written
                            on the back.

                            Although a plain back is still cool.

                            (Can we donate the proceeds to some good cause like a paid
                            internship for some college student in a place where they do XP?)

                            -H

                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                              Hugo Garcia <hugo.garcia@...> writes:

                              > my vote is for the X from the cover of the books.
                              >
                              > Black shirt with white letters and the nova X in grey/silver.
                              >
                              > I like Dossy's ideas of : "test, code, refactor" written
                              > on the back.

                              or "I'm in a 12 practice program"
                            • Dossy
                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                                On 2000.11.01, Dave Thomas <Dave@...> wrote:
                                > Hugo Garcia <hugo.garcia@...> writes:
                                >
                                > > my vote is for the X from the cover of the books.
                                > >
                                > > Black shirt with white letters and the nova X in grey/silver.
                                > >
                                > > I like Dossy's ideas of : "test, code, refactor" written
                                > > on the back.
                                >
                                > or "I'm in a 12 practice program"

                                Or, in the spirit of all the "so-and-so do it such-and-such" ...

                                "XPers do it in Pairs"

                                - Dossy

                                --
                                Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...
                              • Lea
                                Message 15 of 25 , Nov 1, 2000
                                  On Thursday, November 02, 2000, 1:06:01 AM, bubba99 wrote:

                                  > I just want a nice shirt that says "eXtereme Programming" on the back
                                  > and a nice dark one that says in spikey letters "Refactor
                                  > Mercilessly"...

                                  > Isn't there a decent service online somewhere where you can get
                                  > customized, decent apparel?

                                  Silly... a) Design it yourself, buy b) a plain t-shirt, and c) a
                                  t-shirt-iron-thingee. Insert c) into printer, print a) onto it and iron
                                  c) onto b).
                                  et voila!

                                  Lea mailto:leal@...
                                  --
                                • Alan Francis
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Nov 2, 2000
                                    --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, Dossy <dossy@p...> wrote:
                                    > Or, in the spirit of all the "so-and-so do it such-and-such" ...
                                    >
                                    > "XPers do it in Pairs"

                                    "XPers test it first" ?
                                    "Do you have a test for that ?"
                                    "I came, I saw, I tested"
                                  • David Browning
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Nov 2, 2000
                                      > --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, Dossy <dossy@p...> wrote:
                                      > > Or, in the spirit of all the "so-and-so do it such-and-such" ...
                                      > >
                                      > > "XPers do it in Pairs"
                                      >
                                      > "XPers test it first" ?
                                      > "Do you have a test for that ?"
                                      > "I came, I saw, I tested"

                                      Don't want to lower the tone completely, but shouldn't that be:

                                      "I tested, I saw, I came" ???
                                    • Alan Francis
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Nov 2, 2000
                                        --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, "David Browning"
                                        <david.browning@g...> wrote:

                                        > > "I came, I saw, I tested"
                                        > >
                                        > Don't want to lower the tone completely, but shouldn't that be:
                                        >
                                        > "I tested, I saw, I came" ???

                                        You must write some pretty exciting tests (sorry :)

                                        A.