Re: Test-by-Test or Task-by-Task

  • davenicolette
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2009
      I don't think it's a question of two separate approaches. We keep
      looking for ways to reduce waste and deliver value more effectively.
      It used to be "state of the art" to break stories down into tasks for
      estimation. Many teams still work that way, and if they're happy with
      the results then there's no problem with it.

      IMO what you describe is a normal consequence of publication delay.
      For any topic that evolves rapidly, it seems likely you can find
      published materials that reflect the state of the art as of a few
      years ago, and that don't necessarily match what we see happening in
      the field today. It's good news, really: It means we're continuing to
      progress as professionals. When nothing ever changes, it's called
      "stagnation."

      Cheers,
      Dave

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Rhydian Thomas