Re: [XP] What if code-smells were counted as "vulnerabilities"?

  • Brad Appleton
    Message 1 of 229 , Feb 2 11:28 AM
      Charlie Poole wrote:
      > It occurs to me that while we all discuss the goodness (a few
      > folks) and badness (more, it seems) of this idea, you could
      > just be trying it in some controlled way.

      I was having similar thoughts :-)

      > Find a willing team to experiment on, set up a time frame and
      > decide how to determine if it works.

      It's the "Find a willing team" piece that I need to tackle first. I need
      to be a bit careful how I do it because I already lost some "creds" in
      the first battle and now have the "perfectionist fanatical zealot"
      filter I have to break thru when trying to find such a team. And if it
      does turn out badly, that will do even more damage. I'm not sure I want
      to risk that unless I think there is at least a decent chance it will work.

      I guess my own professional interests would be best-served if I didnt
      try to intervene and wait until they fall on their face (even if it's
      not what is best for the business [sigh])

      --
      Brad Appleton <brad {AT} bradapp.net>
    • Brad Appleton
      Message 229 of 229 , Feb 2 11:28 AM