Re: [XP] [mod] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
      Hello, Victor. On Sunday, February 1, 2009, at 3:41:53 AM, you
      wrote:

      > Is something being done about this spam?

      I believe it was a one-time mistake, but yes.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. --Seneca
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
        Hello, Victor. On Sunday, February 1, 2009, at 11:19:17 AM, you
        wrote:

        >> If the
        >> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
        >> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.

        > What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
        > posting.

        If awareness worked, we wouldn't need a suite of tests.

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        If there's only one answer, then this must not be a very interesting topic.
      • Adam Sroka
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
          On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Victor <vmgoldberg@...> wrote:
          >> If the
          >> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
          >> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.
          >
          > What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
          > posting.

          Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day unconscious.
        • Victor
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
            > Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day
            > unconscious.

            Isn't it great you can do it, at least for a while? :-)

            Victor

            =======================================

            >>> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
            >>> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.
            >>
            >> What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
            >> posting.
            >>

            > Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day
            > unconscious.

          • Victor
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
              > If awareness worked, we wouldn't need a suite of tests.

              We need the awareness to be ready to build the suite of tests, which in turn
              rise our awareness of bugs as they are identified by the tests. :-)

              Víctor