Re: [XP] [mod] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

  • John Roth
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
      He's on moderation. One of the other moderators got to him
      before I did. I removed the two posts, and I agree with
      George - it looks like he was intending to send it to a
      specific person and he got the procedure wrong.

      John Roth
      Moderator

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
        Hello, Victor. On Sunday, February 1, 2009, at 3:41:53 AM, you
        wrote:

        > Is something being done about this spam?

        I believe it was a one-time mistake, but yes.

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. --Seneca
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
          Hello, Victor. On Sunday, February 1, 2009, at 11:19:17 AM, you
          wrote:

          >> If the
          >> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
          >> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.

          > What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
          > posting.

          If awareness worked, we wouldn't need a suite of tests.

          www.xprogramming.com/blog
          If there's only one answer, then this must not be a very interesting topic.
        • Adam Sroka
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
            On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Victor <vmgoldberg@...> wrote:
            >> If the
            >> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
            >> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.
            >
            > What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
            > posting.

            Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day unconscious.
          • Victor
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
              > Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day
              > unconscious.

              Isn't it great you can do it, at least for a while? :-)

              Victor

              =======================================

              >>> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
              >>> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.
              >>
              >> What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
              >> posting.
              >>

              > Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day
              > unconscious.

            • Victor
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
                > If awareness worked, we wouldn't need a suite of tests.

                We need the awareness to be ready to build the suite of tests, which in turn
                rise our awareness of bugs as they are identified by the tests. :-)

                Víctor