Re: [XP] [mod] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

  • David H.
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
      Or we could explain how you can easily filter those mistakes so that you never have to see them and thus not get annoyed :)

      -d

      "Therefore the considerations of the intelligent always include both benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu

    • John Roth
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
        He's on moderation. One of the other moderators got to him
        before I did. I removed the two posts, and I agree with
        George - it looks like he was intending to send it to a
        specific person and he got the procedure wrong.

        John Roth
        Moderator

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
          Hello, Victor. On Sunday, February 1, 2009, at 3:41:53 AM, you
          wrote:

          > Is something being done about this spam?

          I believe it was a one-time mistake, but yes.

          www.xprogramming.com/blog
          it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. --Seneca
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
            Hello, Victor. On Sunday, February 1, 2009, at 11:19:17 AM, you
            wrote:

            >> If the
            >> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
            >> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.

            > What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
            > posting.

            If awareness worked, we wouldn't need a suite of tests.

            www.xprogramming.com/blog
            If there's only one answer, then this must not be a very interesting topic.
          • Adam Sroka
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
              On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Victor <vmgoldberg@...> wrote:
              >> If the
              >> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
              >> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.
              >
              > What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
              > posting.

              Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day unconscious.
            • Victor
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
                > Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day
                > unconscious.

                Isn't it great you can do it, at least for a while? :-)

                Victor

                =======================================

                >>> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
                >>> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.
                >>
                >> What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
                >> posting.
                >>

                > Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day
                > unconscious.

              • Victor
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
                  > If awareness worked, we wouldn't need a suite of tests.

                  We need the awareness to be ready to build the suite of tests, which in turn
                  rise our awareness of bugs as they are identified by the tests. :-)

                  Víctor