Re: [XP] [mod] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

  • Victor
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
      > If the
      > sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
      > that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.

      What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
      posting.

      Victor

      ===================================

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
        Or we could explain how you can easily filter those mistakes so that you never have to see them and thus not get annoyed :)

        -d

        "Therefore the considerations of the intelligent always include both benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu

      • John Roth
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
          He's on moderation. One of the other moderators got to him
          before I did. I removed the two posts, and I agree with
          George - it looks like he was intending to send it to a
          specific person and he got the procedure wrong.

          John Roth
          Moderator

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
            Hello, Victor. On Sunday, February 1, 2009, at 3:41:53 AM, you
            wrote:

            > Is something being done about this spam?

            I believe it was a one-time mistake, but yes.

            www.xprogramming.com/blog
            it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. --Seneca
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
              Hello, Victor. On Sunday, February 1, 2009, at 11:19:17 AM, you
              wrote:

              >> If the
              >> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
              >> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.

              > What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
              > posting.

              If awareness worked, we wouldn't need a suite of tests.

              www.xprogramming.com/blog
              If there's only one answer, then this must not be a very interesting topic.
            • Adam Sroka
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
                On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Victor <vmgoldberg@...> wrote:
                >> If the
                >> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
                >> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.
                >
                > What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
                > posting.

                Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day unconscious.
              • Victor
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
                  > Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day
                  > unconscious.

                  Isn't it great you can do it, at least for a while? :-)

                  Victor

                  =======================================

                  >>> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
                  >>> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.
                  >>
                  >> What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
                  >> posting.
                  >>

                  > Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day
                  > unconscious.

                • Victor
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
                    > If awareness worked, we wouldn't need a suite of tests.

                    We need the awareness to be ready to build the suite of tests, which in turn
                    rise our awareness of bugs as they are identified by the tests. :-)

                    Víctor