Re: [XP] What if code-smells were counted as "vulnerabilities"?

  • Brad Appleton
    Message 1 of 229 , Feb 1, 2009
      Olof Bjarnason wrote:
      > I think you have an opportunity here: educate "those" that YAGNI is
      > about features, not code quality.

      Yes - I tried. I think theyre inclined to make YAGNI be about what THEY
      want it to be about so they don't have to make that particular change in
      mind-set/culture.

      --
      Brad Appleton <brad {AT} bradapp.net>
    • Brad Appleton
      Message 229 of 229 , Feb 2, 2009
        Charlie Poole wrote:
        > It occurs to me that while we all discuss the goodness (a few
        > folks) and badness (more, it seems) of this idea, you could
        > just be trying it in some controlled way.

        I was having similar thoughts :-)

        > Find a willing team to experiment on, set up a time frame and
        > decide how to determine if it works.

        It's the "Find a willing team" piece that I need to tackle first. I need
        to be a bit careful how I do it because I already lost some "creds" in
        the first battle and now have the "perfectionist fanatical zealot"
        filter I have to break thru when trying to find such a team. And if it
        does turn out badly, that will do even more damage. I'm not sure I want
        to risk that unless I think there is at least a decent chance it will work.

        I guess my own professional interests would be best-served if I didnt
        try to intervene and wait until they fall on their face (even if it's
        not what is best for the business [sigh])

        --
        Brad Appleton <brad {AT} bradapp.net>