Re: [XP] [mod] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

  • George Dinwiddie
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
      Victor wrote:
      > Is something being done about this spam?

      It's Chet's fault. :-)

      I wouldn't call this spam. It's just an inadvertent posting after
      mistakenly associating the list email with someone's name. If the
      sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
      that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.

      - George

    • Victor
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
        > If the
        > sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
        > that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.

        What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
        posting.

        Victor

        ===================================

        >> Is something being done about this spam?
        >
        > It's Chet's fault. :-)
        >
        > I wouldn't call this spam. It's just an inadvertent posting after
        > mistakenly associating the list email with someone's name. If the
        > sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
        > that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.
        >
        > - George

      • David H.
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
          Or we could explain how you can easily filter those mistakes so that you never have to see them and thus not get annoyed :)

          -d

          "Therefore the considerations of the intelligent always include both benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu

        • John Roth
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
            He's on moderation. One of the other moderators got to him
            before I did. I removed the two posts, and I agree with
            George - it looks like he was intending to send it to a
            specific person and he got the procedure wrong.

            John Roth
            Moderator

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
              Hello, Victor. On Sunday, February 1, 2009, at 3:41:53 AM, you
              wrote:

              > Is something being done about this spam?

              I believe it was a one-time mistake, but yes.

              www.xprogramming.com/blog
              it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. --Seneca
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
                Hello, Victor. On Sunday, February 1, 2009, at 11:19:17 AM, you
                wrote:

                >> If the
                >> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
                >> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.

                > What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
                > posting.

                If awareness worked, we wouldn't need a suite of tests.

                www.xprogramming.com/blog
                If there's only one answer, then this must not be a very interesting topic.
              • Adam Sroka
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
                  On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Victor <vmgoldberg@...> wrote:
                  >> If the
                  >> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
                  >> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.
                  >
                  > What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
                  > posting.

                  Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day unconscious.
                • Victor
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
                    > Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day
                    > unconscious.

                    Isn't it great you can do it, at least for a while? :-)

                    Victor

                    =======================================

                    >>> sender is a member of the list (and not in moderation) there's not much
                    >>> that can be done to prevent such mistakes from going through.
                    >>
                    >> What can be done is to rise the consciousness that this is an unpleasant
                    >> posting.
                    >>

                    > Consciousness is overrated. I endeavor to spend more of my day
                    > unconscious.

                  • Victor
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 1, 2009
                      > If awareness worked, we wouldn't need a suite of tests.

                      We need the awareness to be ready to build the suite of tests, which in turn
                      rise our awareness of bugs as they are identified by the tests. :-)

                      Víctor