Re: [XP] The temptation to make ideal & real hours converge

  • Adam Sroka
    Message 1 of 43 , Dec 19, 2008
      Another thing about ideal hours that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

      This time of year there are a lot of people on vacation and some
      places where by law or company policy certain days are not worked. It
      is natural that velocity will be down due to the holidays, but how
      much? In theory, velocity would be down by x% regardless of the units
      of measure, but it is easier to internalize the idea that less ideal
      hours of work are accomplished when less actual hours are worked. It
      is also easier to communicate that idea to a customer who might
      otherwise be concerned about the dip in productivity.

      On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Ilja Preuß <iljapreuss@...> wrote:
      > Hi Dale,
      >
      >> I believe that the use of the term "ideal hours" will usually cause more
      >> confusion than it is worth.
      >
      > Interestingly, James Shore once blogged that he found exactly the
      > opposite to be true:
      > http://jamesshore.com/Blog/Pair%20Hours%20vs%20Points.html
      >
      > Cheers, Ilja

    • Adam Sroka