Re: [XP] Unfinished stories

  • Dale Emery
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 12, 2008
      Hi Arnaud,

      I am a bit annoyed by those unfinished stories I have at the end of the
      > iteration. We are trying to move to XP, with very short iterations of one
      > week. Of course, things are not easy and estimates are not accurate, so we
      > end up finishing the iteration with quite a feww unfinished stories.

      Does everyone on the team have a detailed, precise definition of DONE for
      each story? I find that "estimating problems" are very often due to
      uncertainty or misunderstanding of exactly what done means.

      For example, I worked with a team last week that said their estimates were
      terrible. As I explored that with them, it turned out that they always
      discovered near the end of the iteration that they hadn't fully understood
      the story.

      Dale

      --
      Dale Emery, Consultant