Re: [XP] Product Demos

  • Cory Foy
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
      George Dinwiddie wrote:
      > How do they feel about the demos? What purposes are the demos
      > fulfilling for your teams?

      They love them. Our typical release cycles are 12-18 months, so getting
      to see progress on a frequent basis has been a real help.

      Right now we are going through nearly a re-write of our entire platform.
      Basically they changed the entire underlying database and web services,
      and so all of the apps have to be rewritten to match this. Plus we're
      doing new work, so the demos are solving a dual purpose that everything
      is working well on the new schema as well as usability reviews for the
      features going in new.

      The weekly demos will also help with accountability and routine as the
      teams get more up to speed with new practices that have been introduced.
      As with just about everything else, we'll try it for 3 months, and if it
      is an utter waste, we'll scrap it.

      --
      Cory Foy
      http://www.cornetdesign.com