RE: [XP] Agile toolset questions (particularly code inspections....)

  • Bill Michell
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 3, 2008
      For Java, I use Findbugs. Might not be quite what you're after, but as a
      free tool for static code analysis with good Eclipse and Ant
      integration, it is great.

      Occasional false positives, but it was Findbugs that got me to research
      why the double-checked locking idiom for lazy instantiation was a bad
      idea...

      Just like pairing with the combined wisdom of thousands of experts, all
      the time.

      --
      Bill Michell
      Development Team Leader, Broadcast Platforms, BBC FM&T (Journalism).

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 3, 2008
        Appreciate the info - I'm aware of coding dojo's but I don't think it would
        work for our purposes here - we have a large team which is a mix of
        employees and external contractors, and all very geographically diverse.
        We could improve things for the employees, but tough to mandate something
        like this on external contractors, where part of the concern is. But a
        valid idea.

        Thanks.

        --
        Craig.