XP + DVCS

  • Tim Ottinger
    Message 1 of 89 , Nov 21, 2008
      Re: your use of distributed version control systems and extreme programming.

      Is your git/hg/bzr/etc just "svn you can use away from the intranet" or do you have specific ways of working that take advantage of D part of DVCS?

      Tim
    • John Levy
      Message 89 of 89 , Jan 23, 2009
        Lior--

        [this is late, but...]

        There is another word for the type of "agility" you describe:
        lability. This is used in chemistry to describe molecules that easily
        detach and re-form in different combinations. Also in psychology for
        easily-changing moods.

        What you observed sounds like a labile organization that is not
        achieving what the Agile principles are all about: business value
        delivered in spite of changing external conditions. One of the
        metrics I use for agile teams is related to stability of the team
        itself. Perhaps there should be another for stability of the business
        plans as reflected in the release plans and other business objectives.

        Sounds to me as if some of the business managers need a wake up call
        or knock on the head. Yes, they are too labile ("agile").

        --John
        -----
        John Levy, PhD
        415 663-1818
        info@...

        Managing product development for speed and innovation

        http://johnlevyconsulting.com