Re: [XP] Pilot iteration - lessons learned

  • Mike Coon
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2008
      There was still a lot of work in progress with most stories being completed
      toward the end of the sprint. The team noted this as a problem and will
      work a bit differently for the next sprint including going to a two week
      iteration. I don't think the WIP would have been noticed as an issue except
      there were a lot of bugs to fix late in the game.
      I am encouraged that just by doing a by-the-book Scrum the team discovered a
      number of problems and are looking to XP practices to address some of them.
      Because this is a side gig for me at this point, my involvement was limited
      to a few pre-sprint meetings to walk through the timeline and explain my
      understanding of the process to the team. We were able to go through
      various scenarios and answer a lot of questions during those meetings, but
      after the Sprint started the team was on their own. The SM stuck to the
      script and the entire team seemed to realize that process uncovered existing
      impediments rather than creating them.

      We're cranking up another team Monday on some limited-scope BPM stuff. I
      will be the SM on this one and I know enough to know that I don't know
      enough :-)

      Mike