Re: [XP] 10.000 Function Points

  • Seyit Caglar Abbasoglu
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 3, 2008
      Cenk,

      I remember of reading about your experience in that project (if I'm not
      mistaken you even posted a picture of the working environment). Although I
      don't know the specifics (and unfortunatly can't go to London at 19th) I
      always use your experiences as a reference for this kind of discussions.

      JB,

      What you suggest is pretty interested me. I'll search on that and put as an
      option on the next "large scale" discussion. Thx alot.

      To clear the case, I haven't worked on such a large agile project, but I
      heard many times "Agile can't work on large scale" myth. I'm calling it myth
      because I never saw a reference for that claim, a reference that shows a
      large project is failed just because it followed the Agile principles. On
      the otherhand I did not have a counter-example also. And when a similar
      discussion started on a different mailing list (based on reasoning not
      reference) I just wanted to search for references.

      I think I'm more confident now that, modifying or adding some practices,
      Agile thinking can scale "enough" to handle what Waterfall could handle.
      Thanks for all the answers.