Some XP and APM Productivity discussions summarized

  • aacockburn
    Message 1 of 177 , Nov 2, 2008
      There have been several interesting discussions about productivity on
      the APM and XP lists this year. Someone asked me to cull and post
      them for posterity, which I just did.

      http://alistair.cockburn.us/Programmer+productivity

      The threads are of course long, but the point is that quite a number
      of sharp people have thrown their thoughts into this ring several
      times now.

      The subject of programmer productivity is both inevitable and
      treacherous. The reason I did the culling and posting is so that in
      case you start to get into such a thread again, see if you can have
      people take a look at these threads and decide (a) whether they
      really want to embark down that path, and (b) whether they have
      anything new to offer.

      Happy reading !

      Alistair

      (p.s. I'm posting this note on both the XP and APM lists)
    • Ilja Preuß
      Message 177 of 177 , Nov 20, 2008
        And emperor penguins, as I just learned. :)