Re: [XP] Might be OT: Has anyone here ever applied the Küb ler-Ross model to change (especially when bringing in XP)?

  • David H.
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2008
      On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 3:07 AM, Beth Snapp <misfyred@...> wrote:
      > My colleague, Diane Dagefoerde, and I presented an experience report at
      > Agile 2008 on this very topic: how our team moved through the stages of
      > grieving on one project as we transitioned from traditional waterfall to
      > agile methods. The article, "The Accidental Agilists," is in the conference
      > proceedings (
      > http://csdl2.computer.org/persagen/DLAbsToc.jsp?resourcePath=/dl/proceedings/&toc=comp/proceedings/agile/2008/3321/00/3321toc.xml&DOI=10.1109/Agile.2008.68).
      > I can also send you a copy of the article.

      Thanks, that would be great, unless it is on the agile 2008 DVD then I
      can find it there.

      > For us, depression occurred when we realized the project was failing and
      > that waterfall was failing us. In order to get out of this phase of
      > helplessness, we had to make some changes in our processes. In retrospect,
      > that was a turning point: fail or change.

      INteresting, so do you feel that the stages themselves are a little
      out of order when ot comes to the implementation of change? I would
      see what you described as a very early stage.

      -d

      benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu