Ágiles 2008 Conference - Register now!

  • Israel Antezana
    Message 1 of 67 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hello,

      In case someone would like to visit south america and practice their spanish, there is an agile conference that will take place in Argentina in october this year. Registrations for the conference are now open.

      Subject: Ágiles 2008 Conference - Register now!

      Registration is now open for Ágiles 2008 to be held 22-23 October 2008 at the Bauen Hotel in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

      Ágiles 2008 aims to be a meeting point for IT professionals in the region interested in sharing their experiences, and discussing and learning on software development-related topics using Agile methodologies.

      Among the international guests who will participate in Ágiles 2008 are Matt Gelbwaks, Dave Nicolette, Tobias Mayer and the keynote speakers Mary and Tom Poppendieck.

      The conference features talks, interactive sessions, workshops and open space sessions.

      Ágiles 2008 is  free of charge, although prior registration is required. You can find the registration form in http://www.agiles2008.org/en/registracion.php

      More information related with the event, program and venue in www.agiles2008.org

      Do not hesitate to contact us at info@...

      Ágiles 2008 Organization Team
      www.agiles2008.org

      [Platinum Sponsors]
      Intel, Sabre Holding

      [Gold Sponsors]
      Three Melons, VersionOne, Microsoft

      [Silver Sponsor]
      Baufest, Hexacta, Liveware

      [Institutional]
      Scrum Alliance, IEEE, SADIO, Agile Alliance,
      Polo Tecnológico Rosario, Córdoba Technology,
      Cessi Argentina

    • Jeff Grigg
      Message 67 of 67 , Nov 13, 2008
        --- "John A. De Goes" <john@...> wrote:
        > A short screencast showing myself and two other developers
        > TDD'ing a Stack in the Java programming language:
        >
        > http://www.vimeo.com/1653402
        >
        > I think it makes a good introduction to test-driven
        > development, [1] and shows how following TDD strictly
        > leads to test coverage of all code paths. You can
        > download the source code from
        > http://www.n-brain.net/outbox/una-tdd-stack.zip

        I'm not sure about the "good introduction" training aspect of starting
        with the target class and method shells, and then writing tests. I
        would consider this an "acceptable" TDD approach, but not pure, and
        not the approach I take when teaching TDD.

        Overall, I would call it a successful TDD session. And an interesting
        tool.

        _ _ _ _ _

        I'll push the refactoring another two or three steps:

        #1. I don't like duplicate data.

        So I killed the 'private volatile int size;' property, giving...

        public int size() {
        int size = 0;
        for (Node<T> node = head; node != null; node = node.getNext())
        ++size;
        return size;
        }

        public boolean isEmpty() {
        return (head == null);
        }

        [and a few more deleted lines]

        If you want efficient, add a test for it. (...that 'Node.getNext()'
        isn't called N times.)

        #2. Simplify 'push'...

        from
        public void push(T value){
        if (head == null) {
        head = new Node<T>(value, null);
        }
        else {
        Node<T> oldHead = head;
        head = new Node<T>(value, oldHead);
        }
        }

        public void push(T value){
        head = new Node<T>(value, head);
        }

        #3. Delete the default constructor. Java generates one.

        IE:
        public Stack() {
        }

        There. Better now? ;->