Re: [XP] how much to unit test function that calls well-tested functions?

  • David Carlton
    Message 1 of 60 , Sep 2, 2008
      On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:40:04 -0400, "Victor" <vmgoldberg@...> said:

      > I would say D. was exposed enough to this discussion. I would
      > recommend he decides for himself how to proceed.

      And I certainly appreciate all the discussion and advice I've gotten!
      For now, I'm sticking with two tests for that specific function (a
      normal case and the most edge of edge cases), and trusting tests of
      other functions (both functions that it calls and functions that call
      it) to provide an acceptable web of coverage.

      I'm far from sure that this is the best course of action, but I don't
      think it's horribly rash; if it eventually proves not to have been the
      best course of action, at least that will teach me something about
      TDD...

      David Carlton
      carlton@...
    • John A. De Goes
      Message 60 of 60 , Sep 13, 2008
        Yes, but in the case of a competition, there is no change. It's truly
        a write-once, throwaway scenario, for which there is no investment to
        protect.

        Regards,

        John A. De Goes
        N-BRAIN, Inc.