Re: [XP] Re: Henry Ford vs BRUF

  • Elizabeth Keogh
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2008
      On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Joseph Little <jhlittle@...> wrote:
      > Most people don't even know what they want after they have it.
      >
      > Alistair: can you give us a memorable example that supports that idea?
      > (Thanks for the funny, yet all-too-true example below.)

      I heard of one project where the customer wanted a report from an
      application in a particular format, to make it easy for the data entry
      guys to retype it into the computer across the corridor. They didn't
      realise that modern technology could get the information across
      without anyone needing to type it, or that it would be easier than
      formatting a printed report.

      Cheers,
      Liz.

      --