Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [XP] Re: conflict

Expand Messages
  • Simon Kirk
    ... Or, as Obi-Wan said: Luke, you re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. :) S [|] [Non-text portions
    Message 1 of 78 , Aug 1, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      On 28 Jul 2008, at 11:20, George Dinwiddie wrote:

      > Matt wrote:
      >> --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Alistair Cockburn wrote:
      >>> If the conflict is about how to create a project plan, it's well
      >>> viewed
      >>> as about knowledge and not about winning, although quite often it's
      >>> about the relationship as well.
      >>
      >> It strikes me that the statement "Conflict is about ... ______" is
      >> meaningless without context.
      >
      > Matt, I think you'll find that true of most things. There are few
      > absolutes in life; context is always important.
      >
      > Alistair's comments resonate strongly with me. If the context is two
      > people, conflict is assuredly about the relationship between them as
      > well as whatever else may be involved.
      >
      > - George

      Or, as Obi-Wan said: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the
      truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." :)

      S
      [|]



      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Simon Kirk
      ... Or, as Obi-Wan said: Luke, you re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. :) S [|] [Non-text portions
      Message 78 of 78 , Aug 1, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        On 28 Jul 2008, at 11:20, George Dinwiddie wrote:

        > Matt wrote:
        >> --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Alistair Cockburn wrote:
        >>> If the conflict is about how to create a project plan, it's well
        >>> viewed
        >>> as about knowledge and not about winning, although quite often it's
        >>> about the relationship as well.
        >>
        >> It strikes me that the statement "Conflict is about ... ______" is
        >> meaningless without context.
        >
        > Matt, I think you'll find that true of most things. There are few
        > absolutes in life; context is always important.
        >
        > Alistair's comments resonate strongly with me. If the context is two
        > people, conflict is assuredly about the relationship between them as
        > well as whatever else may be involved.
        >
        > - George

        Or, as Obi-Wan said: "Luke, you're going to find that many of the
        truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." :)

        S
        [|]



        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.