Re: [XP] Collocated vs Dispersed...which is better?

  • Ken Boucher
    Message 1 of 471 , Aug 1, 2008
      > So your conclusion from the survey is that a great number of people
      > believe that co-location brings a higher success rate, whether they
      > personally experience other environments or not.
      >
      > What do you think causes people to believe that? Are they all
      > drinking the same Kool-Aid or are they all reading the same industry
      > magazines or are they all just making the same assumptions?
      > Something is causing people to believe this... finding that cause
      > might be interesting.

      Off the cuff, I'd put down "Sit Together" as a pretty good reason to
      predispose people to thinking co-location brings a higher success rate.

      I also can't imagine having the words "offshoring/outsourcing" in the
      question helped matters.
    • Keith Ray
      Message 471 of 471 , Sep 8, 2008
        By the way, "Classes" and "Objects" referring to patterns of
        electrical charges in modern day CPU and Memory chips (or past and
        future equivalents) is a metaphor too.

        --
        C. Keith Ray, IXP Coach, Industrial Logic, Inc.
        http://industriallogic.com 866-540-8336 (toll free)