Re: [XP] Collocated vs Dispersed...which is better?

  • Ken Boucher
    Message 1 of 471 , Aug 1, 2008
      > Is it your belief that there are "way too many people
      > answering..."? Do you have facts to back this up? I honestly
      > couldn't tell you how many projects the average person works on...
      > do you know? I would be interested. I know I haven't worked on
      > that many myself.

      Question #15. What is the success rate for agile teams with an
      offshoring/outsourcing element? (Some team members are at a different
      location which would require significant travel to get to)

      Decide for yourself how many projects that fit that description does
      someone have to have been involved in order to accurately answer that
      question from experience.

      Now how many people have you met here or at any other forum or
      conference or read about who have that level of experience? I'd love
      to hear an answer from Ron or Alistair on that one. (Heck, I would
      think Alistair would know all the people by name.)

      Now look at the raw CSV data for that question. How can so many people
      have that direct experience, participate in an online survey, and not
      be represented in comparable numbers here, in conferences, or in
      publication?

      It beggars belief to think the survey is measuring people's direct
      experience and not their opinion. The words "reasonable doubt" and
      "Occam's Razor" leap to mind. The disparity between the level of
      experience required and the level of experience shown everywhere but
      the survey is simply too great for those numbers to be considered to
      be based on experience.
    • Keith Ray
      Message 471 of 471 , Sep 8, 2008
        By the way, "Classes" and "Objects" referring to patterns of
        electrical charges in modern day CPU and Memory chips (or past and
        future equivalents) is a metaphor too.

        --
        C. Keith Ray, IXP Coach, Industrial Logic, Inc.
        http://industriallogic.com 866-540-8336 (toll free)