[XP] Re: Collocated vs Dispersed...which is better?

  • Jeff Grigg
    Message 1 of 471 , Aug 1, 2008
      --- William Pietri <william@...> wrote:
      > I have the most luck getting people to adopt a suggested
      > path when it solves some problem they already think they
      > have, and in a way in line with their values. [...]
      >
      > It was a shock to me when I first realized it, but there
      > are some teams that really don't care about productivity,
      > or if they do, it's pretty far down on their list of
      > values. For those teams, Agile methods may not be a good
      > match.

      Do they value
      o quality?
      o conformance? (to corporate standards)
      o social interaction and support?

      On the other hand, if their top value seems to be...
      "Leave me alone! I just wanna do my thing!"
      then collocation could be a hard sell. ;->
    • Keith Ray
      Message 471 of 471 , Sep 8 10:07 AM
        By the way, "Classes" and "Objects" referring to patterns of
        electrical charges in modern day CPU and Memory chips (or past and
        future equivalents) is a metaphor too.

        --
        C. Keith Ray, IXP Coach, Industrial Logic, Inc.
        http://industriallogic.com 866-540-8336 (toll free)