Data-driven Tests

  • Amol Jadhav
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2008
      My manager forces me to write data-driven tests. Although, that allows me to
      vary test data it, the test code doesn't speaks its intention. I'm writing
      those tests in Microsoft's unit test framework and using Excel sheets as
      data. Can any of you find a better way to have both.

      Regards,
      Amol

    • Ray Tayek
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2008
        At 03:12 PM 7/31/2008, you wrote:
        >My manager forces me to write data-driven tests. Although, that allows me to
        >vary test data it, the test code doesn't speaks its intention. I'm writing
        >those tests in Microsoft's unit test framework and using Excel sheets as
        >data. Can any of you find a better way to have both.

        you may find some ideas here:
        http://xunitpatterns.com/Parameterized%20Test.html or
        http://ddtunit.sourceforge.net/

        thanks

        ---
        vice-chair http://ocjug.org/
      • Gojko Adzic
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008
          if these tests are mostly working on database data, see
          http://fitnesse.info/dbfit - that will allow you to write tests and
          expectations in a relational model.

          --
          gojko adzic