Re: [XP] Agile 2010: west coast?

  • William Pietri
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 30, 2008
      Ron Jeffries wrote:
      > Vancouver has been done, and is brilliant. As for Europe, we have
      > Euro conferences already.

      Vancouver has been done? I must have missed that one. Which year?

      William
    • Julian Hall
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 13, 2008
        > Note that Glasgow has held Worldcons, including one in 2005. That
        > convention was, I believe, designed to hold 4000-5000 people.
        >
        > http://www.concatenation.org/conrev/interaction05.htm has a reasonable
        > overview of that event provided you don't take too much literally.

        As I recall from when I was considering attending Interaction, they
        split the accommodation across multiple hotels spread throughout the
        city. I think this is just about the only way you'd get up to these
        kinds of numbers, at least in the UK outside of London (I'm not sure
        what's available there). As I suggest in my other post, universities
        can often accommodate more delegates than hotels (I think Interaction
        did this as well, but I'm not sure).