Single keyboard and mouse

  • Tim Ottinger
    Message 1 of 63 , Jul 9, 2008
      By the way, when using a single keyboard and mouse, one practice that I rather liked (for equally-ambulatory pairs) was that one stands behind the chair, the other sits and types.
      Eventually the one in the chair gets tired of the overing and the one standing up wants to
      rest his poor tired dogs. Pairing happens, but you also get the standup/sitdown exercise.
    • Ken Boucher
      Message 63 of 63 , Aug 1, 2008
        > You definitely _don't_ want to work in cubicles do you?

        Actually, I've never tried it. If the goal was uninterrupted pairing,
        I think I'd be very likely to try it although I'd probably mount a
        tiny fan on the top of the cube wall for airflow.

        Now that I think it over, I actually have done it, if you consider
        using rolling whiteboards as cubicle walls. I recall Steve and I
        working in isolation for a while on a rather complicated card. For the
        complexity of the task, isolation was a good answer since the card was
        more of a case of experimenting with different models until we learned
        more about the actual obstacles.