[XP] Re: Agile Management

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 58 , Jul 2, 2008
      Ilja,

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Ilja Preuss <it@...> wrote:

      > > If that's the lesson... why wouldn't "offering a friendly face" fix
      > > waterfall? I think that's what puzzles Robert (and I) about some of
      > > these analogies.
      >
      > Matt, I didn't understand David to say that the story somehow is a
      > metaphor for Agile Management.
      >
      > Cheers, Ilja

      I was responding to Nina who was drawing some interesting conclusions.
      I would call her conclusions analogies more than metaphors though.

      Matt
    • Chris Wheeler
      Message 58 of 58 , Jul 7, 2008
        On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...>
        wrote:

        > Be that as it may, I don't recall any posts here that have had the
        > violence side in mind. The mind set, and the "deflective" character
        > of Aikido, yes. Violence ... I'm not seeing that.

        No, me neither, it was mainly me thinking out loud and pushing on a whole
        bunch of different ways to view the analogy.

        Chris.