RE: X-Planner Tool!!!

  • Mukesh Kumar
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
      Can anybody give me information or document related to How to use
      X-Planner?

      Give me some flow diagram to understand this tool.

      With best Regards,

      Mukesh

    • Matt
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
        George,

        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, George Dinwiddie <lists@...>
        wrote:

        > Matt wrote:
        > > Or the opinion of a very smart but arrogant programmer who doesn't
        work
        > > on software remotely related to business applications.
        > >
        > > Writing drivers and compilers etc for embedded systems probably
        makes
        > > you think you are smarter than everyone else. And less social. And
        > > afraid of any change that means you have to learn anything outside
        your
        > > carefully defined realm of knowledge.
        >
        > Matt, I think you have unfairly maligned embedded and tool developers.
        >
        > - George

        You are right. I work with one who happens to be one of the nicest and
        most sociable guys I have ever met. And smart at the same time.

        I certainly didn't mean to over-generalize but that's exactly what I
        did. I should have qualified that by saying that "writing drivers and
        compiles... has made this guy..."

        Thanks for pointing out the error there George.

        Matt
      • George Dinwiddie
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
          Matt wrote:
          > George,
          >

          > --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, George Dinwiddie <lists@...>
          > wrote:
          >> Matt wrote:
          >>> Or the opinion of a very smart but arrogant programmer who doesn't
          > work
          >>> on software remotely related to business applications.
          >>>
          >>> Writing drivers and compilers etc for embedded systems probably
          > makes
          >>> you think you are smarter than everyone else. And less social. And
          >>> afraid of any change that means you have to learn anything outside
          > your
          >>> carefully defined realm of knowledge.
          >> Matt, I think you have unfairly maligned embedded and tool developers.
          >>
          >> - George
          >

          > You are right. I work with one who happens to be one of the nicest and
          > most sociable guys I have ever met. And smart at the same time.
          >
          > I certainly didn't mean to over-generalize but that's exactly what I
          > did. I should have qualified that by saying that "writing drivers and
          > compiles... has made this guy..."
          >
          > Thanks for pointing out the error there George.

          Thanks. :-)

        • Marty Nelson
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
            I found his style somewhat amusing, even though his take on XP was,
            at times, misguided if not inaccurate. It's hard to tell with such
            heavy sarcasm...

            On another post, I found this telling gem:

            "And it's not like I haven't been burnt by low-level bugs. Oh, I had
            that. Right before deadlines. Weekends of fun."

            --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Cory Foy <usergroup@...>
            wrote:

            > This came across my inbox this morning:
            >
            > http://www.yosefk.com/blog/extreme-programming-explained.html
            >
            > It seems to be what I would imagine anyone first coming across XP,
            with
            > no real intention of implementing it, would see.
            >
            > --
            > Cory Foy
            > http://www.cornetdesign.com
            > http://www.agileflorida.com

          • Keith Sterling
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 3, 2008
              I have a set of Powerpoint training slides I produced for a couple of
              clients which have a step by step screen shot guide

              Email me directly as its close to 7MB and I'll send you a copy

              keith

              Keith Sterling Bsc(Hons) CEng MBCS CITP

              Development Management, Technical Architecture
              Agile Coaching & Mentoring
              Keith Sterling Consulting Services Ltd

              Tel: +44 (0) 560 113 0920
              Fax: +44 (0) 560 113 0919
              Mob: +44 (0) 7771 597630
              Email: keith@...
              MSN: keiff@...
              Skype: keiffster
              http://www.keithsterling.com

              Company Number : 04959190
              VAT Number : 832-3382-42

            • Amanda Abelove
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 7, 2008
                Xplanner is pretty cool. I do my user stories in Case Complete when I do
                product planning and then paste the ID number and intro text into Xplanner.
                I make the iteration/release ID in Case Complete match the ID in Xplanner. I
                keep my Case Complete files in a directory in Subversion so when the team
                wants to work on an item related to a story, they get the reference ID in
                Xplanner and go and look at the reports to see documentation by
                iteration/release.

                Contact me offlist with any questions. This list isn't about how to handle
                technical product documentation.