Re: Agile Management

  • David Eves
    Message 1 of 58 , Jul 1, 2008
      Ron Jeffries wrote:
      > Hello, David. On Monday, June 30, 2008, at 9:06:48 AM, you wrote:
      >
      >> However you might want to look into "Aiki" which is a very unusual way
      >> to deal with conflict and change and stems from some of the core
      >> tenants taught with Aikido.
      >
      > I'm very interested in Aikido, and wish I had taken it up before it
      > became quite such a bad idea to fall down.
      >
      > So I'm interested in Aiki as well. Have you some useful links or
      > writings to suggest?

      I'm not the same David, but one of the best books explaining aiki
      principles in a non-martial-arts context I've seen is

      Aikido in everyday life : giving in to get your way
      Terry Dobson and Victor Miller.
      Imprint Berkeley, Calif. : North Atlantic Books, c1993.

      Terry wrote a frequently reprinted story, "A Soft Answer", about an
      incident on a subway car:
      http://easternhealingarts.com/Articles/softanswer.html

      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > There's a difference between righteous anger and just being crabby.
      > --Barbara Richmond

    • Chris Wheeler
      Message 58 of 58 , Jul 7, 2008
        On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...>
        wrote:

        > Be that as it may, I don't recall any posts here that have had the
        > violence side in mind. The mind set, and the "deflective" character
        > of Aikido, yes. Violence ... I'm not seeing that.

        No, me neither, it was mainly me thinking out loud and pushing on a whole
        bunch of different ways to view the analogy.

        Chris.