ANN: Agile 2008 - Politics Workshop - Call for Workshop Position Papers

  • Angela Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2008
      Mr Agile Goes to Washington: The impact of politics on agile projects
      07 August 2008, Agile 2008, Toronto, Canada

      Call for Workshop Position Papers

      WHY PARTICIPATE?
      In the movie "Mr Smith Goes to Washington", we follow the journey of
      an idealistic politician, as he learns to deal with the political side
      of Washington. Likewise Agilists undertake a journey, where we learn
      that it takes more than working software that meets business needs for
      software projects to truly succeed. This workshop aims to bring
      industry professionals together, to develop and share practices that
      will help us handle the political situations that face agile projects
      today.

      We welcome position papers from anyone involved in creating software,
      who has experience with the impact of politics on agile projects.

      HOW TO SUBMIT?
      Please write a 1-4 page paper explaining your experience of how
      politics may have helped the project succeed and / or prevented the
      project from being successful. Position papers should be emailed to
      angela@... by Tuesday 22-Jul-2008.

      If you'd like some advice before submitting, please feel free to
      contact the workshop facilitators at angela@... or
      rachel@...

      Cheers,
      Angela & Rachel