OT: [ron] odd web site thing etc

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2008
      Hi ...

      Chet and I are off to Norway and Sweden for a couple of weeks.
      Norwegian Developers Conference and a public course in Sweden.

      (Do not bother to come try to rob my house: I'm taking the good car
      to the airport, the alarms will be set as always, and we have a
      vicious attack cat.)

      I recently had xprogramming.com moved to Apache, thus to a different
      machine, perhaps even in a different location. (It is in Southfield,
      but I don't know where it used to be.)

      I can link to the site from Borders in Brighton, and I have had no
      reports from others about not being able to get in. But I cannot get
      to the site via HTTP, FTP, or tracert from my house. A tracert goes
      and goes and finally times out somewhere in the middle of nowhere. A
      tracert back, I'm told, appears to stop somewhere else.

      So I'm requesting two things from those who have a little time to
      waste.

      1. Please try to access www.xprogramming.com and if it times out
      let me know. If you can do a tracert from your place and add it
      to the email, it may help.

      2. If you have some good idea what this is, or how to find out what
      this is, please pass it on as well. My ISP hasn't been able to
      figure it out.

      Private mail to me may be best for this. As always, if you're not
      sure you are on my white list, please include the string [ron] as
      part of your subject line. Reusing the current subject should do
      that.

      Thanks!

      [S]oftware engineering ... "How to program if you cannot." -- Edsger Dijkstra