Re: [XP] Iteration Length

  • Kim Gräsman
    Message 1 of 49 , Jun 15, 2008
      Hi Chris,

      On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 14:44, Chris Hulan <2chulan@...> wrote:

      > From: Kim Gräsman <kim.grasman@...>
      > > from. The way I see it is, if everybody shares a common understanding
      > > of what is to be done and how, the *need* for collaboration is no
      > > longer as urgent. That's a big IF, right there, but I don't see it as
      >
      > I think the one problem here is the assumption that "what is to be done" is not going to change.
      > As soon as you give the customer "what they want"TM, they realize that what they really wanted was
      > something different and/or something more.
      >
      > You need the customer collaboration because the target is always moving.

      I've had some time to mull this over, and this is an excellent point.
      Within a single release plan, I think it may be doable, but then the
      customer would probably have to be re-established in the team.

      Also, my point that a single customer rep could run multiple projects
      in parallel seems less and less interesting, because multitasking
      generally does not make perfect.

      Many people with the organizational pull and knowledge to become
      Customers are fairly busy, so I suppose one could make the case that
      they could spend an initial time cultivating a team and then spend
      more time on their other responsibilities, but having them
      ever-present is surely better.

      Thanks for bouncing ideas,
      - Kim
    • Kim Gräsman