[ANN] Webinar: Using Lean Thinking to Improve Agile Testing

  • Alan Shalloway
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2008
      I'm doing a webinar on June 10th that we've found very helpful to
      Agile/Scrum practitioners - particularly those trying to convince
      testers
      and developers to get together. Here's the abstract:

      Testing obviously takes on new importance in agile development.
      Automated acceptance test, test-driven development, and other
      techniques are rising in both importance and practice. These are
      necessary, but not enough. Finding errors is only half the problem--
      and not the most important half at that. Testing must improve the
      development process to avoid the errors in the first place. Errors
      aren't just bugs. They include communication errors, errors in
      understanding, and many other kinds of errors.

      Quality assurance in the agile world must be one of preventing
      errors, not merely finding them. This Web seminar discusses how QA
      can improve both the product and the process being used to develop
      the product. Participants will learn:

      * Why automated acceptance testing enables agile methods
      * How QA must work with development teams in order to improve the
      process of analysis, design, and code
      * How lean thinking is essential in the agile testing environment

      Developers, analysts, testers, and people formally in a QA role will
      benefit by attending. New ways of conducting acceptance testing, as
      well as how to coordinate developers with testers, will be discussed.
      In particular, the need for moving test involvement up to the front
      of the development cycle will be discussed as well as how this can
      greatly improve the process overall.

      Go to http://tinyurl.com/6kgc3b to get more information and to register.

      Alan Shalloway
      CEO, Net Objectives