[ANN:] Better Customer/Developer Communication through Object-Process Modeling - Thursday, June 5th @ 6:00PM

  • june@platrasha.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2008
      At this month's Extreme Programming San Diego (XPSD) meeting, Allan
      Schougaard claims he will teach us Object-Process Modeling in 5 minutes! We
      will also have a cornucopia of door prizes thanks to Mike Cohn, so show up
      before 6:10 to be part of the drawing for both of Mike's books and a seat in
      his ScrumMaster class in San Diego.

      -----

      Deep user involvement is a basic tenet of Agile software development, and
      they say a picture is worth a thousand words, yet there are no methodologies
      in the mainstream today that give users and developers a shared pictorial
      way of describing systems. Object-Process Modeling (OPM) can do just that.

      In this talk I will introduce the concepts behind OPM, show examples of OPM
      and demonstrate software that enables simulation, code generation and
      natural language generation. I postulate that OPM can be learned in 5
      minutes, and we will put that statement to the test during the talk.

      Allan Schougaard began his IT career on a ZX81/Timex Sinclair 1000 clone,
      then quickly moved onto DOS/Windows, Linux, NeXTSTEP and other systems. 20+
      years' later, he has experience in developing professional software in
      fields as diverse as financial services, command and control, quality
      assurance and mobile/cell applications.
      He has used object oriented methodologies extensively since C++, and he has
      also worked with, as well as, taught Java and Objective-C.
      He has been doing Agile development before it was "officially" invented, but
      has been intensely involved in it for the last 5 years.
      Finally, Allan holds a MS degree from the University of Copenhagen in
      Computer Science, and a MBA in organizational development from National
      University in San Diego (graduation pending).

      The meeting will be held at SAIC on Campus Point Dr. (
      http://xpsd.org/SAICDirections ) from 6-7:30 PM on Thursday June 5th. Please
      RSVP to joonspoon@... so that we can have a badge ready for you.
      If you are not a U.S. citizen, bring your passport with you to the meeting.

      http://xpsd.org
      http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/training/71-certified-scrummaster