Re: [XP] Re: Really Vouching For someone

  • Laurent Bossavit
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2008
      Hi Matt,

      > But the true "customer" is the person who is reading the voucher and
      > making a decision.

      Well spotted.

      > Do we have any "customers" that we can ask what *they* would like to
      > see?

      I'm in contact with one (maybe two) already; I would definitely
      welcome more folks representing that constituency.

      One upcoming feature I have in mind is for people to be able to post a
      request to the site, framed roughly as follows: "Can you recommend
      someone who would be a good fit for <X>" ? In a similar vein to
      endorsements, I'm hoping that this would result in a different kind of
      conversation than a job site, if we structure things right. Rather
      than list keywords (Java, TDD, blah, blah) we could encourage
      requesters to describe the project (or whatever it is they need
      someone for), and let community members decide which skills to
      recommend. Normally you would recommend someone you trust and have a
      reason to endorse.

      Would anyone else here be in a position to use that feature ?

      Laurent Bossavit
      laurent@...