we-vouch-for-waterfall.com and provenagile.org

  • Andrew Chen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2008
      Please come to

      www.i-vouch-for-waterfall.com

      This site is done by many experienced software professionals who know
      how to waterfall methodology correctly.

      This site is supported by experienced developers, project managers,
      many 6-sigma people, a lot of quality professionals, and many people
      who believes in Waterfall.

      OK, that is a joke. The moral is: reference within the framework does
      not prove or un-prove the framework.

      What we are practicing is not religion. It has to be something
      supported by stories and facts.

      Probably it be helpful to grow the community, by creating one site
      (provenagile.org), with real life software projects, and practices
      using Agile practices, with masked project/company names, but real
      professional names. By dumping real-life project stories to the site,
      the desperate project sponsors may get a better handle what agile is,
      and the professionals get better vouching.

      Probably that can achieve similar effect as wevouchfor.

      Just my 2 cents.

      ~Andrew Chen
      Automate acceptance testing
      Agile Lamp - http://code.google.com/p/agilelamp/
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
        Hello, Andrew. On Monday, June 2, 2008, at 12:24:28 AM, you wrote:

        > Probably that can achieve similar effect as wevouchfor.

        But wevouchfor is about vouching for individuals as good coaches or
        programmers or testers or such. It is not about vouching for Agile.

        Those who believe complexity is elegant or required don't understand
        the problem. -- John Streiff
      • Andrew Chen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
          Ron,

          >> Probably that can achieve similar effect as wevouchfor.
          >
          > But wevouchfor is about vouching for individuals as good coaches or
          > programmers or testers or such. It is not about vouching for Agile.

          When a project manager searches for a development team, if he doesn't
          know much about agile, nor particular agile person, then one agile
          person vouching for another agile person doesn't mean too much for
          outsiders.

          Vouching mechanism would work if there is a basic level of trust on
          the agile community.

          A collection of proven agile projects may help people to overcome the
          first hurdle, it can also expose exceptional individuals.