Re: Re[2]: [XP] Community Certified Agile Practitioner (CCPA)

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    Message 1 of 102 , Jun 1, 2008
      On Jun 1, 2008, at 12:19 , David H. wrote:

      > On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 6:07 PM, J. B. Rainsberger <jbrains762@...
      > > wrote:
      > > On May 28, 2008, at 07:22 , Doug Swartz wrote:
      > >> eBay reviews are essentially anonymous, although you can see
      > >> what others have said about the reviewer, and all of the
      > >> reviewers reviews. Is this anonymity a good thing, or bad
      > >> thing? Would it work in our environment?
      > >>
      > > My clients would likely want to be anonymous, but I don't mind
      > putting
      > > my name on some reviews.
      >
      > I do nto think allowing anonymous reviews will add any kind of
      > accountability to what you are saying or whom you are endorsing with
      > them. Anonymous feedback loops in community driven environments should
      > be banned when it comes to other people's opinions being based on
      > those endorsements.

      While I agree with this, real client feedback can help mitigate the
      "old boys network" effect. My clients, for legal reasons, are
      unwilling to admit that they need my services, and so if they cannot
      remain anonymous, then I cannot get their feedback. I imagine most
      other consultants find themselves in the same situation. I do not know
      another way to solve it.

      Do you have another solution that allows my clients to give their
      feedback safely?
      ----
      Your guide to software craftsmanship
      2005 Gordon Pask Award for contributions to Agile Software Practice
    • J. B. Rainsberger
      Message 102 of 102 , Jun 2, 2008
        On Jun 1, 2008, at 22:35 , Amanda Abelove wrote:
        > Like oDesk?

        I didn't know about oDesk until eight seconds ago when I googled it
        for the first time. Interesting. I've been using elance.com. I have
        signed up at oDesk in case I want to try it out sometime. Thanks for
        the tip.
        ----