Re: [XP] Community Certified Agile Practitioner (CCPA)

  • S M Kripanidhi
    Message 1 of 102 , Jun 1, 2008
      Yes Indeed we should do that and use it to build the "Credibility
      Index" of the Reviewers/Vouchers.

      I had a wonderful experience when I wanted to give a negative
      feedback to a vendor on ebay after I purchased an item from that
      vendor.

      First ebay explains the implications of a negative feedback.

      Second, after that, it forces you to take a tutorial on implications
      of negative feedback on ebay

      Third, it forces a delay in your ability to provide negative feedback
      so that the feedback is not impulsive (just like the judge forces
      divorce applicants to wait for some time before they are heard
      again...I did not go through one of those experiences)

      This way we can ensure the credibility and integrity of the negative
      feedback and can to some extent ensure that they were considered
      decions and not impulsive anger.

      Kripanidhi

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "J. B. Rainsberger"
      <jbrains762@...> wrote:

      > On May 29, 2008, at 05:57 , Ron Jeffries wrote:
      >
      > > Hello, George. On Thursday, May 29, 2008, at 12:29:34 AM, you
      > > wrote:

      > > see
      > >
      > > > Work for what purpose?
      > >
      > > I'm concerned that it will seem to work as a purpose to find good
      > > help. (But that in fact it won't.)
      > >
      > We could add feedback to the system. Give clients anonymity and
      let
      > them add a review saying "I hired Joe to teach my team to do TDD,
      > based on recommendations from Ron, Kent and Ward; but Joe was a
      > complete bust. What a moron. I'd never hire him again, and I don't
      > know what Ron, Kent and Ward were thinking."
      >
      > I don't know how to motivate clients to write that review, but I
      think
      > it might address your concern.
      >
      > Take care.
      > ----
      > J. B. (Joe) Rainsberger :: http://www.jbrains.ca
      > Your guide to software craftsmanship
      > JUnit Recipes: Practical Methods for Programmer Testing
      > 2005 Gordon Pask Award for contributions to Agile Software Practice

    • J. B. Rainsberger
      Message 102 of 102 , Jun 2, 2008
        On Jun 1, 2008, at 22:35 , Amanda Abelove wrote:
        > Like oDesk?

        I didn't know about oDesk until eight seconds ago when I googled it
        for the first time. Interesting. I've been using elance.com. I have
        signed up at oDesk in case I want to try it out sometime. Thanks for
        the tip.
        ----