Uncle Bob's agile principles book - difference between C# and older version?

  • Pat Maddox
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2008
      I've been meaning to read Bob Martin's for a while. I see there's a C#
      edition and a Java/C++ one. I don't code any of these languages
      professionally but I can understand them just fine. Any recommendation
      on which one to get? Does it matter?

      Pat
    • Dmitry Kandalov
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2008
        On Sunday 01 June 2008 22:45:45 Pat Maddox wrote:
        > I've been meaning to read Bob Martin's for a while. I see there's a C#
        > edition and a Java/C++ one. I don't code any of these languages
        > professionally but I can understand them just fine. Any recommendation
        > on which one to get? Does it matter?

        I read both of them. They are quite similar. I'd choose C# edition because it
        has several chapters on using UML and later edition is supposed to be better
        anyway.

        Dima
      • Steve Ropa
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
          I have both. I liked the original a little better because of the fact that it used a couple languages. It reinforced that what we are talking about is language neutral. They are both great reads though, and really you can’t go wrong either way.